21st Club Team
We are a passionate team of specialists focused on helping you
Co-founder and CEO
Blake is creating a movement in football and building a team of specialists who are shaping the future of the game
Head of Football Intelligence
Omar is focused on applying context to data to help our clients make smarter and more informed decisions
Head of Operations
Eireann develops intelligent and intuitive software solutions that make our clients' lives easier
Head of Football
Ben is obsessed with solving our clients' biggest challenges and making lasting improvements to the performance of the organisation
Bogdan builds high quality front & back end software applications for our clients
Chris builds solid & robust software infrastructure for our clients
Investors and Advisors
Author of 'The Goldmine Effect' and 'Hunger in Paradise', Key Note Speaker, FC Midtjylland, Brentford Football Club
Sporting Index, Opta Sports, Quintus Ltd, Onside Law
Opta Sports, Incrowd Sports
Ipswich Town Football Club, The Football Association, St George's Park Advisory Board (FA National Football Centre)
Below are the positions that we are currently hiring for:
Data Visualisation and UI Designer
We’re looking for a Visual Designer with a proven track record of Data Visualisation and User-Interface Design, to join our passionate team who are working at the forefront of data analytics in sport.
You will have 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role, designing beautiful and intuitive user interfaces and telling data-driven stories. It is important that you can think strategically, translate complexity into simple and effective designs, and create a consistent visual language across software products and visualisations. You will need a solid foundation in traditional graphic-design principles, along with skills in user interface and information design.
Your design work will have a tangible and measurable impact on our clients, helping them to understand data-driven insights, make business-critical decisions and track performance using multiple data sets. You will be working across a wide variety of innovative projects, from visual storytelling and communication through to the user-centred design of digital products and dashboards. As such, your role will involve close collaboration with both with our Data Science and Software Engineering teams, so experience working in the field of analytics and/or enterprise software would be a big advantage. You should be able to communicate your ideas to a diverse group of project stakeholders and end-users with confidence and clarity.
We are looking for a designer with a high-calibre portfolio of design work that speaks for itself. Someone who is driven and wants to influence their own development as well as becoming an evangelist for the power of good design and data visualisation in the field of analytics.
- 3+ years of experience designing user interfaces and visualisations with a strong portfolio (please provide a link or attachment).
- Strong typographic layout skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- A good understanding of user-centered design
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or equivalent tools of the trade.
- Some experience handling data with tools like Excel and Tableau
- A deep understanding of interface design and data visualisation principles.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly sketch and iterate on design concepts
- Proven track-record of meeting deadlines while handling multiple projects
- A degree in graphic design/visual communication or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Client-facing experience
- Experience in user research and information architecture
- An interest in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience designing for multiple devices – tablet, mobile, and desktop.
To apply please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- Any examples of work that you believe are relevant
21st Club was established to Change the Conversation in football and empower our clients to unlock the potential in their data. We’ve since diversified the business into golf with 15th Club. Our clients include professional football clubs, golfers, broadcasters, brands and rights holders. We have a young, passionate and agile team and we strive to create a culture of curiosity and thinking differently to help our clients achieve an edge.