The turn of the year is a time for celebration and anticipation – for people eager for fresh starts and the challenges ahead. It’s also a time for reflection, as we contemplate how the past events will shape our futures.
It’s hard to know where to start with 2016 – a year of unpredictability, extraordinary […]
Back in August, we kicked off the European season with a blog about how clubs should seek an ‘outside view’ when setting expectations for the new season. The short piece was inspired by one of our favourite authors, Daniel Kahneman, who – in Thinking Fast and Slow (a must read for the summer if you […]
- It's hard to believe that 2015 is already drawing to a close, and yet here we are - with our last Evolution blog of the year.
- On 1st September 21st Club's Head of Football Intelligence Omar Chaudhuri spoke to BBC World's Aaron Heslehurst about transfer deadline day, and how the Premier League's new television deal is changing the dynamics of the transfer market.
- The season has ended for many teams around the world, and our Evolution blog will also be taking post-season break. Over the last 10 months, we’ve been sharing our own thoughts and ideas as to how football clubs can achieve competitive edge and build sustainable success.
- In the future, terracing might offer a solution to over-priced tickets for younger fans, writes BBC Sport's Alistair Magowan.
- Alistair Magowan takes a trip into the future to ponder what a more equal football landscape might look like and where the real breakthroughs might stem from. (Some names are fictional).
- Big data offers unprecedented opportunities for discovery and insight. When used the right way big data can help us understand what happened, why it happened and what will happen tomorrow. It can help us foresee problems and potential through correlations and connections we weren’t aware of. It can rinse our eyes and overrule our cognitive biases...